Monday 28 April 2008

Monotone Rainbow Colours

Sorry that the photo's so poor, the colouring is mainly cranberry/wine but the photo makes it look more pink. This weeks challenge from the Rainbow Lady is Monotone Rainbow Colours, and will run for a while. For the first of the challenges I've chosen Red, I'm going to do them in order, I will get completely confused otherwise. I covered my 5"x7" canvas with Adirondack Dabber in Cranberry, I then added a couple of torn sections of a cherry background paper to add a little texture, these where then lightly painted over with Cranberry Dauber to tone in with the piece. Grungeboard hinges and swirls in the swirl texture have been covered in Cranberry Dauber, wine ribbon and christmas red eyelets, have been used to embellish them. Several clusters of deep wine beads have been added using christmas red Stickles. The silk flowers, brads and buttons have been altered by adding varying amounts of Cranberry Dauber and a trio of small brads have been added to complete the look. Apologies again for the poor photo just imagine deep Burgundy velvet.

3 comments:

Femmy said...

love it!!! so much details on it!!!

stampingbalou said...

Wow, this is stunning - each detail is just perfect fitting !

sharon said...

It made me go ooooohhhh when I saw it! Love the collage effect!
Love Sharon
x